As you can see from the photos below, our custodians have been busy stripping and waxing floors so the school building will be clean and shiny for opening day. Office staff have been ordering supplies, setting up schedules, and preparing class lists. We have also been attending trainings and working on transitioning to a new database system (Tyler) that has many great features. This month, the District will be launching a more updated website which will connect to all our social media including blogs and email blasts.
This year, Green Meadow students will have several new specials along with Art, Music, Physical Education, and Library. K-3 students will participate in Foreign Language (Spanish), Computer Science, and Wellness classes. Welcome back letters, with information regarding classroom placements/homeroom teacher, will be mailed home the week of 8/13/18. Below are some important dates to keep in mind:
- Meet and Greet for Grade K-3 Families- Tuesday, August 28th, 2:00-2:30pm
- First Day of School for gr. 1-3- Wednesday, August 29th, 8:30am-2:50pm
- First Day of Kindergarten- (Last name determines which date students attend: A-M on August 29th and N-Z on August 30th)
- Meet & Greet for Preschool Families- Wednesday, August 29th (Classroom visits~ Baudin 9-10am; Mooradian 9:30-10:30am; Viros 9:30-10:30am; Vasta 10:30-11:30)
- First Day of Preschool- Thursday, August 30th
- No School 8/31 & 9/3- Labor Day Weekend
- PTO Family Picnic at Crowe Park- September 7th, 6:00-7:30pm
- Back to School Night for Parents- September 27th, 6:30-8:00pm
Link to the 2018-19 school calendar: http://www.maynard.